Friday, January 30, 2009

Winter Inspiration

On a very cold morning I sat in a coffee shop and watched cars driving carefully while the snow continued to fall. My car guys repaired an unfortunate meeting of the under-bumper of my car with a very big chunk of ice in a parking spot on the north side. This happened to my husband, Rich, while I was at a Mindfulness & Miracles Retreat at The Center last weekend.
While he was driving on Lake Shore Drive, I was eating breakfast in silence after taking 15 minutes to mindfully enjoy eating a single grape. While he ate breakfast with our daughter and went to his class at Lillstreet, I followed deer tracks in the snowy woods and walked the labyrinth for a second time. First time was by candlelight, second in the fresh, bright daylight.
I'm grateful for the opportunity I had to slow down and focus on the tiny miracles that surround us every day. I'm sure my meditations from the labyrinth will appear in the artwork I do this year.

No comments: